School is out and summer has begun!!
I drove straight out of Houston as soon as I could on Friday. Friday night, I slept in Louisiana at my parent's house and hung out with my family. My two nephews came over and they were both so much fun.

Saturday morning, I left my parent's house and headed to pick my BF up who was riding with me. She is currently working in Charleston so instead of flying there, she rode with me. She is one of the few people that is always up for an adventure. We have done so many fun things together because we will both say yes to just about any fun adventure.

Unfortunately we spent a lot of our time in park on I-10 during the first couple of hours of our trip. It definitely slowed us down more than we had hoped, but we found ways to keep ourselves entertained.

We finally made it to Mobile and drove through the tunnel! I remember always trying to go hold my breath while going through the tunnel as a kid on our way to the beach. We tried this time, but there was too much traffic!


We finally made it to Florida and had to stop to take the dogs for a short walk.

Since our names both begin with an M, we have always been called the M&M's. We have been best friends for over 20 years.

We finally made it to Tallahassee and stopped at Monk's because they had a dog friendly patio. It was a perfect location for the dogs, and the food was good too. We had a beer, humus, and salads.


After dinner, we drove about another hour and a half and checked in at the Holiday Inn in Lake City, FL. We snuck the dogs in which was the funniest thing you have ever seen. I put each one of them in a bag and carried them to our room. If anyone had looked at us, they would have worried WTH was going on inside the bag that Maggie was in. She was moving around like crazy.

That was the end of Day 1. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad that Michal was able to join me. You should have seen my car though! It was packed to the max!
How was your weekend???
I am linking up with Savanah again! She is coming to visit me this weekend!!!




SOOOOO excited to come visit!!! I've been looking at all the things to do there! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been following you on Twitter and Instagram! So, fun! I see that you're there now!
ReplyDeleteAh, the Mobile tunnel! I totally held my breath many of times going through it. We make the drive from Charleston to Biloxi once a year and it is miz. I feel like we are on I-10 for-ev-er. Glad you had a fun road trip buddy!
ReplyDeleteI-10 was pretty long! It helped to make a few stops though!
DeleteWhat a FUN weekend girl!! I am SO there w/ ya on the I-10 backup (although I was more WEST being in Tejas!) Love the pics & sooo glad you had such a fun little road trip! Those are the BEST! xoxo
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! What a cutie your nephew is and I laughed out loud about putting the dogs in the bags. Good thing people weren't too observant. lol
ReplyDeletei love that you snuck your dogs into the hotel!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour dogs are too cute! I'm stopping by from the link-up!
ReplyDeleteI also noticed that you'll be in Charleston this summer. We're headed there in December for our honeymoon! Any recommendations on fun things to do?
What a fun weekend!! A road trip sounds so amazing right now!
ReplyDeleteI love that tunnel in Mobile! I always love to roll down my windows and yell out the window! lol Sounds like a fun road trip!
ReplyDeleteAWWW the dogs look so cut on that hotel bed! lol
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for us to hangout!!! I'm almost done UNpacking!! Look me up on Facebook! I tried to find you but couldn't.
Looks like such a fun road trip!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun road trip day! Your puppies look too cute :) Still so jealous you are moving to Charleston!
ReplyDelete