Thanks to social media, it's much easier to make friends in a new city than it was 5 years ago. Due to twitter, I had a great night out on Saturday!
Try explaining that to the older generation that doesn't understand social media!
"You are doing what and meeting who??"
It is always a little nerve wracking when you are walking into a bar/restaurant to meet people that you have "met" via the internet.
Thoughts going through my mind....
Will they be normal?
Are they actually going to show up?
Will they turn out to be psycho stalkers?
Such was not the case on Saturday night. A twitter friend (Meggie) invited me to go to their girls dinner and to get drinks afterward. I graciously accepted the invite. Any invitation to make new friends in a new city is always a plus.
The night started at Rue De Jean, a french inspired restaurant downtown.
Our group picture that the waiter didn't do such a great job with...
The girl in the blue is Samantha. We had quite an entertaining ride home with her and a relaxing day at the beach with her on Sunday.

At one point in the night, these guys walked into Hall's and started playing for us. It was quite entertaining. You can see by this guy's face that we were all like "What in the world is going on here??"
Apparently they were coming from a fundraiser or something like that and just stopped in real quick!


This picture was taken at the end of the night at Oku. We went there after Hall's for some dancing. It was a fun night out for sure and I am so glad that I was included!
Do you have blog/twitter friends that are now IRL friends?
What are some of the responses that you get from people that don't get it?







I have several blog friends that are IRL friends now. People laugh.. oh wells.
ReplyDelete