Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Road Trip Day 2

Since the dogs weren't supposed to be there, we got out of the hotel ASAP. I heard people knocking on hotel doors near ours and I shot out of bed. All I needed was for my dogs to start barking at people knocking on the doors!

We were on the road to Savannah by 8:30, but my body thought it was 7:30!







Our breakfast consisted of sweet tarts, m&m's, crackers, and pop rocks. Breakfast of champions right?







We stopped at a peach stand in Georgia. Why not right? When in Georgia....

















We knew we were in Savannah once we saw horse carriages and cobblestone streets!


















Finally!!!!!
The trip from Savannah to Charleston was about 2 hours I think. It might have been a little longer.







Once we got to Charleston, I had to bring Michal to the airport so that she could get her rental car. We drove to my apartment for the summer. More about that later. We unloaded, unpacked, and headed to the beach! We went to Sullivan's Island and walked on the beach for a little while and then headed to Poe's Tavern.

guiness


The bartender gave us a mixture of 2 beers- guiness and cider. It was pretty good! 
Of course, we had to start the summer off with a tequila shot!!
Poe's was a super fun place to hang out and have a drink at the outside bar. We did not eat anything, but the drinks were good! The bartenders were super friendly and so was everyone else that we chatted with at the outside bar. It was a very laid back atmosphere and I will definitely go there again. 



black and white
















After Poe's, we went to Walmart to get some necessities for the night and morning. It was a very fun night in Charleston. We made a good choice for my first night there! 

More to come about my summer apartment and our day in Savannah, GA!




5 comments:

  1. Love me some Poe's and their food is awesome!! Cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poe's is amazing. Best burger in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Can't wait to hear all about your summer adventures in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, welcome to Charleston!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved