
Like I said yesterday, we started our fun in Georgia at a peach stand. They had normal peaches and white peaches. We decided on the normal peaches and got a bucket. Anyone have any good peach recipes???

After getting our peaches, we drove on in to Savannah.

I did not take many pictures because it was too hard to take pictures and hold on to my 2 dogs. Of course I had to get a picture of Paula Dean's restaurant though.
We walked along the river and ate a restaurant next to the water. We both had crab cakes. They were delicious!
After brunch, we walked around downtown and then went shopping on Broughton Street.

We walked around for a couple of hours and had planned to stay for longer. It was super hot outside and the dogs were getting very tired. We decided to get in the car and head to Charleston a little earlier than planned. We drove by Forsyth Park to see the fountain, but were just too tired to get out and take any pictures.
I definitely want to go back to Savannah without dogs so that I can do and see more! It seems like such a fun town! Maybe I will do a weekend trip sometime this summer!
If you have been to Savannah or if you live there, what are some fun things to do??





I'm so glad that you got to do a few of the things I suggested! I love Savannah. It's so beautiful. (Danggit, now I'm missing home!!! haha)
ReplyDeleteSavannah is HOT during the Summer! I love stopping at roadside fruit and veggie stands! I'm a big dork like that!
ReplyDeleteBest Summer peach recipe is easy and not too fattening.
Peach daquiris.
* cut up fresh peaches and put in blender(without the skin)
add in icecubs, splenda and rum or vodka.. blend and wah-lah!!
Go back on a weekend and spend the night. The bar scene is fun there.. but if you do have to drive anywhere after drinking take a cab!
Even with a few drinks they're super strict there! NOTHING LIKE LOUISIANA!! LOL!!
Oh I love Savannah. I have only been a few times but one time we went to Tybee Island which is maybe 30 mins from Downtown Savannah. It was really fun out there and the crab shack is AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteOh my we had the same experience in Savannah! We stopped at the exact same peach stand for peaches!!! We also went to Lady & Sons and it was delicious!!! Great pics!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to go! We were supposed to as part of our honeymoon, but I was so sick of traveling I wanted to head home haha.
ReplyDelete