Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FM Finds and Recipe

One of the things I love most about Charleston is the farmer's market. There is one right by house on Tuesdays, and there is a bigger one downtown on Saturdays. There is so much stuff to chose from, and the prices are so much better than grocery store prices, not to mention the taste. I have never tasted strawberries that are so sweet and delicious! 

Week 1
lots of fruits and veggies


Week 2
minus the limes from TJ's
fruit, veggies, tuna, and scallops 



Both weeks I have made salsa with the fresh ingredients to put on top of seafood. 


Recipe:
1 tomato
1/2 of a jalapeno (more depending on your preference)
green onions
red onions
salt, pepper
1 peach
cilantro
juice from 1 lime


This was week 1. We cooked halibut and some veggies. 
We seasoned the fish and baked it in the oven with some olive oil. 
Like the plate??
Living with no dishwasher has been different!


I have made many different types of salsas to put on top of a variety of things whether it is seafood, chicken, or just a salad.  All of it is very good with chips too of course! 

Other options you could put in a salsa:
corn, black beans, balsamic vinegar, other fruit, cumin, capers, avocado,  bell pepper, basil, etc.

The list could go on and on. It is totally what you like! 


This was last night. It was super easy and quick to do the scallops. I just put some olive oil and garlic in a pan on med/high. Put the scallops in and let them sit for about 2-3 minutes, turned them over for about 1-2 minutes. Took them out of the pan, put the salsa on top, and had a great dinner!


I still have scallops left and that fresh piece of tuna! Can't wait to cook it tonight! I might make a watermelon salsa! I had THE BEST tuna nachos from Rita's that had watermelon salsa on top!

What do you like to do with fresh veggies, fruit, or seafood??


2 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I am jealous about the farmer's market, I'd love to have one here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like making a bruschetta mix and putting it on top of chicken or other stuff. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved