I woke up in my new place and spent some of the morning unpacking and making it feel like home. I absolutely love my new place and the best thing about it is that it has a backyard for my dogs! I will take some pictures soon to post.
I had a few errands to run and had no food at home so I ventured off to Five Loaves Cafe' which is pretty close to my place. It was a little hard to find, but the salad was so good. They have a honey basil dressing which was absolutely delicious!
It was my first time dining solo and I feel like I picked a perfect place to get out of my comfort zone. I was a little nervous walking in because eating alone has never been something I was comfortable with.
That night, I made my first trip out to King Street. Michal chose one of her favorite restaurants, The Macintosh and off we went!
We sat at the bar rather than waiting on a table. I think I prefer that right now because we get the chance to talk to the bartender about the area every time.
The bartender recommended these two items so we split an appetizer and a meal.
So good! We devoured the scallops before I thought to take a picture! We also had a side of mashed potatoes which were heaven in my mouth!

After dinner at Macintosh, we walked down King Street to have a couple of beers at Closed for Business. We were sitting in a couch area alone for awhile. It became awkward really quickly though when a couple came to sit on the couch next to us. Let's just say they should have gone home in their own bedroom!
We ended the night with a glass of wine at Hall's Chophouse. I absolutely will be back here. We sat in the bar area and all of the waiters and waitresses were so nice. The service was awesome. Many of the waiters came by to talk to us and make us feel welcome. We ended the night sharing a complimentary dessert with one of the guys that seated us. I think he was a manager or something, but he was super friendly AKA flirty. I think we are going back on Thursday!
Edit to add: later found out he was a Hall....haha :-)
So far, I am loving Charleston!! I can't wait to see more of it!
Do you have any dining solo tips? Do you enjoy it or is it out of your comfort zone?







You went to lots of good spots! I frequent all of those places. :)
ReplyDeleteDining alone. Not my favorite but I've done it for work. My tip is to sit at the bar. There are generally others there alone and the bartender is always good for talking.I've never had the guts to sit alone at a table by myself but i have seen people do it while reading and a book and eating their dinner.
ReplyDeleteFive Loaves is one of my faves! Glad you are enjoying this amazing city!
ReplyDeleteGreat starter spots for Charleston! Welcome to "too many really good food options it's overwhelming" city. :) And... welcome to "take advantage of the bridge and run it as often as possible so you can eat said good food on regular basis" city... :)
ReplyDeleteThe only time I've eaten by myself at an actual restaurant is when we were in San Diego. John was in a conference all day and I had to eat. I even walked all around downtown by myself which was majorly out of my comfort zone. I would do it again if I had to and if I were you I think it's a great way to meet people! Especially if you go sit at a bar!
ReplyDeletecharleston i love love charleston!! seriously shrimp and grits i am here! she-crab soup don't have to tell me twice!
ReplyDeleteWas the bartender's name Brooks by any chance?
ReplyDeleteFive Loaves is one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston! Yall have been to some great places so far!
ReplyDeleteI have truly enjoyed reading your road trip/Charleston posts!! I am living vicariously through you right now....!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for more updates!!! I wish I had some more restaurant recommendations but when I went I don't think we spent a whole lot of time dining (my in-laws are not really that type). I love Folly beach and Sullivan Island!
I think you will really enjoy your summer. I used to not like doing things like eating alone but thanks to smart phones you are never alone.
ReplyDelete