
If you MUST eat fast food at some point, here are a few things to think about....
McDonalds:
Medium fries: 380 calories
Double Cheeseburger: 440 calories
Medium Coke: 210 calories
So for just one meal of the day: 1030 calories!!!
Based on my 1,200 calorie per day diet, I don't have much room left for breakfast and another meal!!
Healthier Options for eating fast food if it' a MUST:
McDonalds: Get a salad. They have salads for under 150 calories. They also have salads under 450 calories if you are eating dinner. Drink water!!! The Premium Grilled Chicken sandwich without the mayo is 370 calories. But that means NO FRIES OR COKE! You can look up all of their nutrition facts here.
Wendys: The salad with the lowest calories is the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad with 580 calories. Although, I am not quite sure about that. In one place on their website, it says 580 and another place says 350. The 350 calories may not include all of the toppings, dressing etc. For all I know, neither one includes the dressing! The Homestyle Chicken Go Wrap is 320 calories. I guess I would stick with that one.
Taco Bell: 1 crunchy taco is 170 calories. 1 soft taco is 210 calories. The salads were in the 700-900 range. Your best bet is to stay away from Taco Bell unless you want their Border Sauce! That is calorie free!
Burger King: Whopper Jr. Sandwich without mayo is 206 calories. With cheese and no mayo, it is 300 calories. The tendergrill garden salad is 230 calories plus the salad dressing.
Subway: There are several sandwiches for under 350 calories.
I rarely eat fast food, maybe once per month. I do not suggest it. Even if the calorie count is low, there are numerous other problems with the food. The food is usually high in trans fat, saturated fat, and sodium.
Other tips:
Always drink water!!
No fries!!
Get the sandwich undressed- no mayo, cheese, etc. Trust me- it's NOT the low fat brand!
Ask for a packet of ketchup or mustard and put it on yourself. You can control the amount.
Carry around your own salad dressing
Go here for a stop and go guide to fast food. This website also gives many more tips.



No comments:
Post a Comment