Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 2 of counting calories

I have been keeping track of my calorie intake on my iphone. I use an app called MyFitnessPal and it has a lot of foods already in its directory. I just search for the food and add it to my breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. You can also add exercise. I am enjoying it so far. It is actually kinda fun to see how many calories I have left at the end of the day.
Breakfast


Lunch

For a snack around 3:30, I had a piece of Light String Cheese (60 calories).

For dinner, I had the red snapper that we were supposed to eat last night. The fish was still frozen so we saved it for tonight. Last night, we ended up eating baked potatoes with broccoli and a small spinach salad. You can read about healthy baked potatoes here.


I also started the Couch to 5K tonight. There is also a nice app for that. It tells you when to walk and when to jog. It's pretty easy to follow. I started the couch to 5k program about 2 years ago. It is a 9 week program. I finished week 4 and then went out of town for 3 weeks due to a trip to Cancun and my best friend's wedding festivities. Unfortunately, I never picked it back up. I am NOT a runner at all and found this program to be very manageable as long as I did it about 4 times per week.

Since I ran, that deducted calories from my total sum. According to my calorie counter, I still need to eat 381 calories to hit the 1200 mark, but I feel like I ate a lot today. I am not hungry either. It is also 9:00 and I am trying to not eat after 8:00. I know that eating late is a big NO NO!

Hopefully I will get some posts up this week that are more about my life and not about what I am eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved