So basically I feel like a fatty and feel like all we did this weekend was eat, eat, and then eat again with an occasionally drink in the mix!
My cousin got here late Thursday night and we stayed up talking until about 2 AM. We were very close when we were younger but drifted apart during the high school/college years. I am glad we are reconnecting. She is such a sweet girl that is a really good influence on my life.
Friday- We had plans for lunch at Barnaby's with a friend of hers from college. She went to A&M so she knows a lot of people that now live in Houston. After lunch, we went to see Crazy, Stupid Love. I thought it was OK, but she liked it. It was kinda cute but also a little bit depressing. After the movie, we went to Bakers Street Pub for a happy hour drink before dinner at Pappasitos with some more friends of hers. I am not really a fan of Pappasitos. I would much rather go to El Tiempo or Lupe's, but apparently her friends favorite is Pappasitos. The night ended with a drink at Velvet Melvin which is a whole other story in itself....
Saturday- We were super lazy. We eventually got up and got dressed in our work out clothes (too bad we never worked out). We went to lunch at Bowl Cafe which is a new favorite of mine. Later that day, we decided we hadn't eaten enough yet and we went to Swirll, which is another favorite! Cake batter is so good! It is either low fat or no fat, but then I piled the toppings on! We didn't do too much that day. For dinner, we went to Cedar Creek with a group of friends and then went to Kung Fu for a drink. I am not AT ALL a Washington girl. I hate almost everything about it- the people that are there, the parking, the crowds- it all SUCKS! With that being said, I really like this bar. There is a parking area right next to the bar so you don't have to worry about your car getting towed. It does cost $10 to park there, but we had 6 people in our car. I would rather pay $10 than get my car towed. Anyway- the bar isn't clubby- its a bar. There is no dance floor. What they do have is lots of games! They have skee ball, life size checkers and jenga, pacman, golf tee, etc. It's a lot of fun! We stayed for a drink or 2 and then left to go home and call it an early night!
Here are some pics from Kung Fu......There was guys with us but they managed to stay away from the camera....
Caroline and Sarah
Melissa, Sarah, Alicia, Caroline, Mallory, and me
Melissa, me, and Mallory
Sunday- We got up and went to church, which was an awesome sermon from a guest pastor. If you have time, I highly suggest that you watch it here. It's not up yet, but will be soon. Just find July 31, 2011 sermon. After church, we ate some more at Black Walnut Cafe. I LOVE the Santa Fe salad over there! She left to head back to Dallas shortly after lunch.
So like I said from the beginning- I was a fatty all weekend! Each day is just about what we ate! She is a total tomboy so there was no shopping involved so it was just eat, eat, and eat!






You are a rockstar with all those restaurants! Restaurant Weeks starts this week and I know you'll probably be all over that! Maybe before school starts we should check out a participating restaurant for lunch! Glad it was a fun weekend - see you soon!
ReplyDeleteI love your list of resturants that you went to over the weekend! So many of those are my faves! Glad you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend! I love Black Walnut.
ReplyDeletemy love, we go to the same places!! barnabys, black walnut (kind of a weekly thing for me!), pappasitos, el tiempo and i'm with you... i'm not a big washington girl. i prefer rice village or midtown and when i was kung fu it was so overcrowded too!!! i wonder if we've ever seen each other out and about!
ReplyDeleteyou should do restaurant/bar reviews!
ReplyDeleteLove weekends with girlfriends!
ReplyDeleteI agree, you do not go to Pappasitos in Houston! haha, so many better places :) I ate at Barnaby's once for lunch and loved it! And Cedar Creek is one of my favs too!
ReplyDeleteHave you been to Barnaby's for breakfast?! One of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to go to Kung Fu too... I live right around the corner.
Oh and Cedar Creek breakfast is one of my faves too...especialy when the weather is nice!
Foodie weekends are the BEST.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I got excited when you mentioned your cousin's friend went to A&M. Despite A&M having almost 50,000 students, it's impossible to be an Aggie in Houston and not know at least 10,000 of them. Ok, exaggeration, but seriously.
Wow- you hit up all the good places! I'll have to check out Kung Fu- it sounds fun.
ReplyDelete