Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Red Dress Run

So what it is you ask?? Basically it's a party on the streets of New Orleans for charity. Everyone's first response is...I am not a runner. That doesn't matter! If you are a drinker, you are good to go! Many people just come for the party and don't run. If you do the run, you are running from bar to bar so it can't be that hard right? I actually have several friends that are just going to New Orleans in a red dress to hang out, but not doing the run.

It is also for a a good cause.... In 2010 the NOH3 raised over $200,000 for 50 non-profits in the New Orleans area. You can find more information about it here and see some pictures. I have not registered for it yet and I am currently trying to decide if I want to go. I haven't been yet, but have always heard how much fun it is. Anyone wanna go on a road trip??




*Edit to add: Apparently I will not be going bc my parents just informed me that they will be coming to Houston that weekend.









4 comments:

  1. I almost did this last year! Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Orleans is one of my favorite places in the world (I went to Tulane), I'm always a fan of drinking ;), and red dresses are hot, so I'd be 100% in if I could get to New Orleans. FUN! And impressive to raise so much $$ for charity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved