If you are new around here, I am going to Charleston for the summer and subleasing my apartment in Houston to a girl from Wisconsin. She had to arrive 10 days before I was leaving so I said she could stay on the couch until I left.
So I have had my new roommate for about 3 days now. She is very sweet and seems normal. We are very different though. She is 6-7 years younger than me. She doesn't drink at all. Her sheets/dishes/silverware are all Disney themed.
For example, there are some of these in my sink right now....
With that being said.....
She leaves dishes in the sink, empty water bottles on the counter, etc.
However, that is not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is that this morning I woke up and the air was on 85!!!!! I can deal with the other stuff for the next 7 days. This is not something I can do for 7 days. My AC is normally on 68 when I sleep. 85 is not OK at all. I am going to see what happens tonight. Maybe it was an accident?? I can only hope!
If not....
Any suggestions on how to handle this??






OMG! I am pretty sure the rule is She can put clothes on but I don't think she wants you taking them off! When we lived together I swear the AC never went above 70!
ReplyDeleteI would just say that the AC has to stay at the same temp all the time to make sure the electricity isn't SKY HIGH!! LOL
ReplyDeleteWOW! The dishes are weird?? Seriously...
ReplyDeleteAs for the A/C...I would tell her you get sick during the night if it gets too hot while sleeping.
That's for real for me.
Granted.. we only pull ours down to 73 at night and then push back up to 76 during the day while we're gone. My husband is a freak about our bill.
I had that problem once, handled it all wrong. If she can't take criticism well she won't take this well. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteDishes are the worst...wait...I take that back. The 82 degrees at night is DEFINITELY worse! Hope things go well! Just a few more days! You can make it!
ReplyDeleteok the 85 degrees is definitely not OK while you are still there!! I mean if she wants to do that while you're gone, fine but you should be in control while you are still there!!! and BWAHAHAHAHHAAH at the disney sheets and dishes!!!!
ReplyDelete