Miami
Reasons:
1. The service is terrible. Tips are included in EVERYTHING. Therefore you get terrible service at every restaurant you go to.
2. It is super expensive. Go out for dinner and a drink and your are spending $90 easy.
3. The beaches are overcrowded. I don't like to be sitting on top of someone at the beach. That is how Miami is. We weren't even in South Beach. We were much further north and it was still packed.
4. I felt like I was in a foreign country. Seriously no one spoke English. It was tons of Europeans speaking all different languages. This didn't bother me that much, but got annoying eventually. It was impossible to communicate with people in my own country.
5. It was just not my scene. I'm not a clubby type of girl. I am a laid back Gulf Shores/Destin family oriented beach type of girl. Way too many people there for me. I like a relaxed calm beach.
The only reason we went there was because it was on the way from the Fort Lauderdale airport to Key West so we figured we might as well see what it's all about. Well we saw and we are OK with never going back again.
I have heard from many other people that love Miami. I guess it's just your own personal opinion. Maybe I didn't see the right parts of the city. Have you been to Miami? What did you think?



I've never been to Miami, but I'm not a 'clubbing' girl or a crowded beach girl, so I know I'd hate it!
ReplyDeleteBeen there twice and I'm with you! Not my scene at all. Cheesy and expensive! Brad doesn't like it either!! Forewarning! I'm going to copy your last two posts next week while I'm in Lo Angeles. I will link back to you and give credit. Loving your blog girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI live in FL and have only been once. We went during the day on a weekday and it was slow. The food was just all right but the drinks were fun! ;) It was pretty but I don't think I would like it if I had gone when it was busy. Ft Laud and Key West are way more fun!
ReplyDeleteHubby lived in Miami for a year & loved it, but I HATED the place and really disliked even visiting him. It was always so crazy- drama everywhere about everything, on the roads, in restaurants. I was always on edge there & was annoyed that spanish was the primary language there. We'd often get way better service if DH spoke in spanish instead of english. South Beach is gorgeous- love the water & sand, but not worth it.
ReplyDeleteI've never been there but have heard plenty of people that have the same opinion as you do which is why I have no interest in it! :/
ReplyDeleteDefinitely agree with you there! I was there in 2010 for the superboowl and well i wasn't that impressed.. agree with the restaraunt tipping stuff = sucked
ReplyDeletexo.Britt The Magnolia Pair
:)
I couldn't agree with you more on Miami. I've been there once and it was SO crowded and the "clubs" were so expensive!
ReplyDeleteI've never been and have no desire to go!
ReplyDeletebahaha! my husband grew up in miami and we're prooooobably never going back ;) so crowded!
ReplyDelete