Saturday, March 14, 2009

Waiting on transportation

We made it to Los Angeles!!! We arrived in New Orleans around midnight Friday night, went to bed close to 2 and then had to get up at 5 to catch our flight! Needless to say, I am exhausted!!

We arrived in LA around 9:15. It is two hours ahead of Texas. We had reserved a shuttle; however, we forgot to print out the passes. So the guy told us that when the shuttle guy got here, we could see if he would let us on, but he couldnt make any promises. So we waited and waited and got tired of waiting so we went to try to get a cab. We waited and waited, realized we were standing in the wrong spot, went to the right spot, waited and waited, finally got a cab and headed to the hotel!

We got to check in at 10:30, which was nice. We unpacked a little bit and tried to head to Santa Monica. We planned on taking the bus/metro, whatever was available. We waited and waited and waited for the bus. Finally, we called 5 different rental car places and found one that was open on a Saturday. We then called a cab company and waited and waited for the cab. We made it to the rental place and we have had a blast since then!!! No more waiting on public transportation!!

We headed to the Farmer's Market and the Grove, which we loved!!! We ate lunch at Marmalade Cafe at the Farmer's Market and then headed to do some shopping. We spent a couple hours over there and then got in our fabulous rental car and drove around LA. Here are a few pictures from our adventures....

Shops at the Grove......huge American Girl place to the left and huge Banana Republic on the right.
In the middle of the Grove.....

Eating at Marmalade Cafe.....

For dinner, we ate at Dolce, which was really good. It had awesome decor. The bar was constantly on fire. After getting four hours of sleep last night, probably less, we were too tired to do anything after dinner. Speaking of, I am heading to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved