
One of my bed partners thinks she is a human and has to have her head on the pillow and her body under the covers. She either sleeps like this or curled up next to me. The other one sleeps on top of the pillow or curled up against me on the opposite side of Maggie.

My friends from the aquarium. I had to take a picture of the LSU fish even though it came out blurry.
This was at Kilwin's on Market Street. I didn't get anything, but will probably have to before I go home!

I didn't take too many pictures with my phone this week. I think the quality of my camera on my phone is getting worse and worse. I can't wait for the Iphone 5 to come out specifically for a better camera.
I haven't blogged in a week because my parents were here all week. They got here on Tuesday and left on Sunday afternoon. I spent Sunday laying on the couch resting from being so busy all week. A long night out on Saturday night also had a little to do with it. :-)
Tuesday- They got here and we went straight to Hominy Grill. It was my first time at this restaurant, and I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Maybe I will give it another try, but that is unlikely due to my limited time here and so many other options. I got the big nasty or whatever it is called, and my mom got the shrimp and grits. I wasn't impressed with either dish.
After lunch, we drove around downtown for a little while so that they could see King Street, the Battery, and all of the fancy houses. We made a stop at the farmer's market in Mount Pleasant. We had dinner at Coast, which I thought was OK. After dinner we walked around downtown and went to Kaminsky's for dessert. I didn't take any pictures on Tuesday unfortunately.
Wednesday- I visited every golf course within 60 miles of Charleston it seems like. My dad golfs about 5 times a week so of course he wanted to play golf here a couple of times. He wanted to check out all of the golf courses before deciding which ones to play. We drove out to Kiawah Island to check out those courses and the beach.
We had lunch out there at Crave, which was delicious!
After lunch, we drove to several more golf courses until we ended at Isle of Palms Wild Dunes Resort. I think he ended up playing one day on Kiawah and one day at Dunes West, but I am not really sure. Golf is not my thing.
After all of the driving, we went downtown for a drink at the Pavilion Roof Top Bar.
We walked through the city market, trying to waste some time before going to dinner.
For dinner we went back out to John's Island to go to Fat Hen. It was delicious!!
The restaurant was super cute too. I love how so many places serve drinks in mason jars!
Stay tuned for the rest of the trip with my parents!
I am about to have another full of week with another visitor coming tomorrow and staying until Monday. I need to figure out some July 4 plans.
What are you doing for the fourth??









Visitors rock!!
ReplyDeletefat hen is my fav and you need to try wild olive too! yes, lets grab drinks soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that picture of your dog is too adorable! I had to call my daughter in here to look at it, she said "Aww that's so cute!"
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness the picture of your dog is so cute! It's night night time.
ReplyDeleteI'm sad to hear that Hominy Grill wasn't as good as expected!! The rest of your time with you parents looked like fun! You look just like your dad!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie and Sophie!