Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

rhetthouse

Since my dad was playing golf on Thursday, my mom and I had the day to do whatever we wanted.

  aiken 

 We started off with a visit to the Aiken-Rhett House.  This is one of few, if not only plantation homes that has been preserved rather than restored. You can see exactly how they lived back then since they haven't changed anything about it. Even the wallpaper is still on the walls. Of course the color has changed, there are tears, etc but it is still so neat to see how it was. We saw the slave quarters, the stables, the parlor, the ballroom, the bedrooms and possibly a couple of other rooms. 

After touring the home, we were pretty hungry. I had been hearing about Husk for quite some time so that is where we went!

I just love how so many restaurants are in old homes. They are so beautiful inside and out. I had the shrimp and grits and my mom got the catfish. They were both really good. 

After lunch, we walked around on King Street to do some shopping. We both picked up some dresses at Warren on King because they were having a 50% off sale on basically everything in the store. We shopped on King for about 4 hours before it was time to head back to their hotel to pick up my dad for dinner. 

We ate dinner at Magnolia's, which I must say has been my absolute favorite restaurant so far in Charleston. I will absolutely be back here! In fact, we went back again for lunch while my parents were here! 



We didn't discuss what we were going to order beforehand. When the waiter got our orders, we all ordered the exact same dish! It was kinda funny, but definitely worth it! We all got the Parmesan Crusted Flounder. It was so good!! There was crab with it, awesome rice that had been cooked in a lobster stock, and delicious local veggies. 

On Friday, my dad played golf again. The girls went shopping. Shocking right? We started the day with lunch at Five Loaves Cafe and then headed to Mount Pleasant Towne Center. We did minimal damage there, and then went to Belle Hall Shopping Center. After that, we did more shopping on Daniel Island. I got two cute dresses from Monkee's. From Daniel Island, we went back to King Street. I guess it's an understatement to say we did "some" shopping! 

For dinner that night, we went to Poogan's Porch. This was my third time there. It was good of course! Magnolia's is still my favorite though! 

After all that shopping, I still didn't find what I am looking for! My brother's wedding is going to be here in 3 weeks, and I still don't know what I am going to wear! I am looking for a bright colored dress that is fitted. I will be in a lot of pictures and I don't want to wear a baggy dress that makes me look bigger than I am. I have a couple of dresses that I can wear if I don't find anything, but they aren't as dressy as I would like. 
Any suggestions on where to shop???


10 comments:

  1. Magnolia's is one of my favorite spots here, and they have the best lunch menu. If you haven't made it to Slightly North of Broad or Cypress yet, make a point to try them too. Hope you're loving Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are gorgeous. Magnolia's looks so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty pictures- I've always wanted to go to Charleston! As far as dresses go, I've seen cute ones at Loft and The Limited recently- and I know Belk always has great dresses. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! Love all the pictures! I love touring old homes. I worked at Nottoway as a tour guiden on the weekends while I was in college.
    The other most amazing home I've ever seen that is totally 'preserved'? Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville. A total 'must see!'

    As far as dresses - I know this is going to sound cheesy but check out Cache'. They have a lot of form fitting clothes. A lot of them look like a bit much on the rack but try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO Glad we met. We totally need to do a collaboration on our blogs... I'm #obsessed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried Versona in the Mt. P Towne Center? Also JCPenney has some cute dresses and Belk! White House/Black Market had a few as well! All depends on what type of wedding it is and the dress you are looking for. Heads Up to you and your blog readers. I love that you are visiting our town and blogging about it. I got picked to host a VIP party at Mad River this Thursday night (the 5th) and all my guests get house liquors, domestic drafts and house wines for $2 from 9-12. IF you're looking for something fun to do!! I'll be there- so look for me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy- I will have to try Versona. I haven't been there! I did try Belk, but didn't find anything. I don't think I have plans on Thursday night so maybe I will see you there! I couldn't reply to you via email because your email isn't set up!

      Delete
    2. Definitely try Versona! CUTE STUFF and GREAT DEALS!!
      Thanks for the note on my e-mail- I'm still improving my blog, it's set up now!
      Hope you make it out!!

      Delete
  7. man if magnolias is better than Poogan's, it must be GOOD!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your newest follower! I found your blog through Savannah's. I live in Alabama and plan on making my first trip to Charleston in October!! I have heard wonderful things about Charleston and your blog is going to help with some great ideas on places to go once I get there! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved