Thursday, March 8, 2012

My idea of a perfect spring break

I am SUPER excited, seriously you have no idea, about my plans for the next few days. 
My plans are that I am off of work for 9 days. Did you hear me?? 

9 DAYS

My bags are packed to head to Toledo Bend. 
Cannot wait to see this sign.

Toledo Bend is a very special place to me. We used to go at least once a year, if not more, when I was younger. The cabins are in groups of 5 and my family would get all 5- aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. 


I cannot wait to drive through that gate and talk to the friendly lady that will be waiting my arrival. 
I CANNOT WAIT to drive through all the hills that I used to ride my bike on and see my family.  


We will fish, hang out by the water, someone will fall in. Seriously it wasn't a trip at Toledo Bend if my brother didn't fall in the lake. 




We used to take walks through the forest to find this playground. I can't wait to do it again as a grown adult.  




We will have beer and smores by the bonfire. My aunts and uncles will go to bed and the cousins will stay up talking, making memories to last a lifetime. 







There will most likely be no cell phone service. There are no TV's.
I won't have to wear makeup. I will wear t-shirts, work out pants and rain boots. 
Thank the good Lord there WILL BE cabins with showers and toilets.  
There will also be lots of memories made and I cannot wait to get there! 



7 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing!! Can you pack me in your suitcase and feed me smores all week?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like SO much fun!!!!! I love going back to places that remind me of my childhood. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are two peas in a pod! Can you believe I've never been to Toledo Bend? Have fun! Brad and I want to buy a camper and hit up all the state parks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, Toledo Bend!!!! You must tell me! What part of Louisiana are you from?!?! Toledo Bend was quite literally right down the road from my house! :) My grandparents had a trailer on the other side that we used to spend all summer, every summer in! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so relaxing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds so great! my family is very close but the family I'm about to marry into is all about togetherness and trips like these. I am so excited to have these same experiences with my new cousins and fam! have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great spring break! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved