Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 1 of counting calories

Range:
Breakfast: 200-300 calories
Lunch: 300-400 calories
Dinner: 500--600 calories
Snack/Dessert: 100-200

Add in: Couch to 5K workout 3-4 times per week
Here is where my inspiration came from.

Sunday: 934 calories
Lunch: Weight Watchers Pepperoni Mini Pizzas and cantaloupe
Dinner: Baked Potato with some low fat toppings, broccoli, small spinach salad with almonds and a few other things on top

Monday: Food was 1005 then added a workout and net was 876
Snack: Light String Cheese
Dinner: Red snapper, rice, veggies

Tuesday: Food was 1220 calories then added a workout and net was 1095
Breakfast: Oat Cluster Cheerios, Horizon organic fat free milk and cantaloupe
Lunch: Pepperoni Pizza Minis and cantaloupe
Snack: 1/2 cup of Dreyers Frozen Yogurt
Dinner: Salmon, peas and corn in a basil sauce (Green Giant tray for one)

*****On Tuesday, I ate almost 300 calories for breakfast rather than my usual 200. Since I had not been meeting the 1200 calorie a day limit, I decided the best place to add calories was breakfast. On Sunday and Monday when I finished out my entry on myfitnesspal app on the iPhone, it told me that my body was in starvation mode and that I needed to eat more. I felt like I was eating PLENTY, but I guess not! On Tuesday, I was fine and no longer in "starvation mode".

Wednesday: 1209 calories
Breakfast: Banana Chocolate Smoothie (wasn't a huge fan of this)
Lunch: Chicken Pesto Classico by Healthy Choice (Cafe Steamer)- not my favorite Steamer, but I usually like them
Dinner: chicken salad (romaine lettuce, spinach, almonds, turkey bacon bits, fat free cheddar cheese, chicken, Ken's honey mustard lite salad dressing
Snack: cantaloupe
Dessert: Dreyers yogurt

I hadn't planned on dessert, but my iPhone was telling me I was in starvation mode so I ate 1/4 cup of the frozen yogurt to make it over 1200 calories!

Thursday: 1203 calories
Breakfast: Oat Cluster Cheerios, Horizon organic fat free milk, 4 strawberries, Yoplait Light Blueberry Patch Yogurt----I was hungry! Only 267 calories though!
Lunch: Smart Ones Chicken Enchiladas Suiza and grapes
Dinner: 2 chicken tacos with whole grain tortilla shells, low fat mexican cheese, lettuce and a tiny piece of avocado on each taco

Friday: 1185 calories
Breakfast: Kroger Honey Crisp Medley Cereal with Horizon fat free milk
Lunch: Homemade tortilla soup (2 cups)
Dinner: grilled shrimp tacos

Saturday: 1317 food calories, -259 exercise net: 1058 calories
Breakfast: Oat Cluster Cheerios
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad
Dinner: 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (350 calories per pound)


I am trying very hard to make sure I make it to 1200 calories, but surprisingly it is very hard. Since veggies make up a lot of my dinner, it's hard to raise the calorie amount that much. When I need more calories for dinner, I might drink milk with dinner instead of water. I have also tried to get my breakfast calorie count closer to 300 b/c I know how important it is to eat breakfast if I want to lose weight. Eating breakfast also will start your metabolism going for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved