Friday, July 24, 2009

Favorites of Houston

Everytime someone comes to visit, or we want to go out to eat, we always have to sit and think....WHERE should we go?? I still have a list of restaurants I want to try, but here are some of my favorites in H town.....


Some favorite seafood/steakhouse places are....

Trulucks

America's

I was not impressed by The Oceanaire or Smith and Wollensky.

Taste of Texas is pretty good too.

Still want to try Strip House, Reef Restaurant, Pesce, and Glass Wall restaurant.


Favorite mexican places are....



El Tiempo
- drinks are very strong
Lupe's

Not a huge fan of Chuy's like everyone else.

Guadalajara is good too, but not my favorite. I like the seafood enchilada at Cafe Adobe.


Sushi


Favorite so far is Azuma on Kirby near Rice Village. Their is also a location downtown. They have the best crunchy roll. The red devil and crazy irish man roll are also very good.

Oishii has decent sushi for a good price.

Sushi King is decent as well.


Brunch


Mia Bella on Lexington is good.
Empire Cafe on Westheimer is really good. I love the tomato mozarella egg dish that they have.

I have been to Benjy's for dinner and it was good so I would like to try their brunch. Farrago's is good too! I hear King Biscuit on White Oak is good too!



Pizza


Favorite is Star Pizza on Norfolk. Half Starburst half Ben's pizza thin crust. DO NOT TRY THE DEEP PAN. It's not good. Their version of thin crust is perfect, not too thin.

I love California Pizza Kitchen. The chipotle pizza is the best!! The chicken lettuce wraps are good too!

I want to try Kenneally's pizza, located on Shepherd. I hear its good.


Asian


If you like PF Chang's - go for Pei Wei the much cheaper version. It tastes just as good!

That's all for now.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey! - If you and Wes are interested Houston's Restaurant week is coming next month (I think it's August 10-17th). It's all the really nice restaurants (trulucks, Del Frisco's, Flemings, Ruth Chris) etc. It's $35 a person for an appetizer, main dish, and desert. and the money is donated to charity. You have to make a reservation bc they fill up fast, but I think it's a cool way to try nice restaurants without it having to be a special occasion. (= (It's a limited menu but they options are listed on the website - www.houstonrestaurantweek.com)

    Enjoy!

    (Also - have you been to Soma on Washington... it's the same owners as Azuma - they have the crazy devil and crazy irishman.. i really like it). (=

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved