Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beautiful Bride

Well the wedding weekend is finally over!! I am absolutely exhausted!!! I haven't stopped since I got to Lafayette on Tuesday.

Tuesday- I stayed at Michal's house till 2 AM talking with her and her mom
Wednesday night- we had a girls dinner at Lafonda
Thursday- we went to the Tap room in River Ranch with some of the bridal party
Friday- Bridesmaid luncheon at 10:00, rehearsal at 6:00, dinner at 7:00 at Cafe Vermillionville
Saturday- was up by 7 unfortunately, went to Michal's around 11 and helped with hair and makeup, had my own hair appointment at 1:00, then got ready to be at Oakbourne by 4. The limo brought us to the church, got ready for the wedding at 6:00.

The wedding was beautiful and so was the bride. Unfortunately, it was pouring and the streets were flooding. We started the wedding about 10 minutes late so that people that were late due to flooding could get there. The ceremony was short and sweet.

When the wedding was over, we received word that Oakbourne did not have electricity. We had the trolley drive us around extra time while we waited for the power to come back on. Unfortunately, that never ever happened. I am sure you can imagine the emotions going on as Michal found out that her dream reception was not happening as planned. She handled it much better than most brides would. Some food was eaten, many drinks were drank while we waited patiently for the electricity.

Around 9:00, the wedding planner announced that we were moving the party to the Crowne Plaza, the old Hotel Acadiana building. So we cut the cakes at Oakbourne for fear of what might happen while transferring them. We made it over to the Crowne Plaza and had a blast the rest of the evening. It was soo much fun and by that time, all the emotions were gone and everyone was having the best time of their lives! It was definitely a night that will never be forgotten by many.

More details and pictures to come later!

1 comment:

  1. What an event!! I cannot believe that. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, but I can't imagine what the couple felt like!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved