Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 1 of our Mexico vacation

July 2, 2009
Flight at 11:50 AM, no delays everything going great! The flight was about 1 hour and 45 minutes to the Cancun airport. We arrived in Cancun, got through immigration without any problems. We then had to get our bags and proceed to customs, which had an enormous amount of people, I am talking hundreds of people in about 4 lines. However, we got through it and proceeded outside to find our shuttle to Moon Palace.

Our resort was about 15 minutes from the airport which was very nice. We arrived to the resort and were taken to our fabulous room.



The room was great. We had a liquor dispenser in our room (which we ended up using 1 time), we had a nice walk in shower, the view from our room was pretty good. The service at the hotel was fabulous. However, we were EXTREMELY disappointed in the beach/ocean.....


This was what the beach looked like when we first got there. It's even worse than what the pictures look like. You had to walk over 1 yard of seaweed to get to the water. Then once your feet touched the water, all you saw was brown seaweed. If you stepped in the water, your foot would be covered. So we never once got in the water at Moon Palace.

So we put our bathing suits on and headed to the pool(s), which were pretty amazing.




one of pool bars.....

We stayed at the pool for a few hours, mostly at the pool bar area.

We had dinner that night at a Brazilian steakhouse located at the resort. It was pretty good, not great, but not bad. They had 7 different cuts of meat and walked around letting you try each one.

They had karaoke for entertainment that night. We watched a few songs, but it wasnt entertaining. It was too early and people were trying too hard to be good. I'm sure it got better later into the night.

So I was tired, went to bed early, ready to get up for lots of sun the next day!

More to come about Day 2 later..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved