Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Weekend

Last weekend I went to Louisiana for a Mardi Gras ball. Some friends from Dallas were coming to visit and had never been to Louisiana. They watch swamp people and of course think that is what Louisiana is all about. They were dying to go on a swamp tour so we found one. It was actually quite fun. We didn't expect to see any alligators since it is winter, but we did. 



 This is the airboat we road on. It was super loud and we had to wear headphones the whole time. 


An alligator sunbathing. 


Here are some pictures I took of the Atchafalaya Basin/swamp while riding in the boat. Apparently this is the largest swamp in the US. 







We also got to eat boiled crawfish Friday night at Randol's while listening to a cajun band. On Saturday morning before the swamp tour, we ate at Cafe Des Amis. They had an awesome zydeco band playing and it was so much fun! 




After the swamp tour, we went home to get ready for the ball. 


This isn't a great picture because I had to zoom in so much to cut out my boy. My dress also isn't that color. It is much more of a teel color than that. I did not take many pictures at the ball. I was too busy dancing and drinking having fun. We are going to another one during Mardi Gras weekend and I cannot wait! 


12 comments:

  1. You look stunning- I want to see more beautiful dress pics! The bayou area looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would freak out if I saw an alligator! ahh! And I think your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww you are so pretty in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are GORGEOUS...that dress is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I spent half of my life in Louisiana and have never done one of those swamps tours!
    This next ball you have to take more pictures!!
    BTW - what part of La. are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous!!! I love that dress! I'm so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEGAN!!! You look GORGEOUS!! That dress is just stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so gorgeous and that dress is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always thought it would be fun to take a ride on one of those machines and visit NOLA. i love the culture and the food so i have to visit there at least once in my lifetime. love that dress on you such a gorgeous color on you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog - the title caught my eye! =) The tour looks awesome, as did your dress. Happy Valentines Day!
    www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress, Meg! I miss the 337 so much! And that's DEFINITELY Corey Ledet playing at Cafe des Amis! One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved