There was also an episode in September where I didn't have cable or Internet for a week. That was very briefly blogged about here. If I had known the issues I would have later on, I would have written much more!
Timeline of problems with Comcast
September 19-24: I have no cable or Internet for a week. The guy finally comes a week later and has to rewire things to fix it.
November 1: I come home from work and the cable and Internet is out. I call, but they cannot come until Saturday, the day of the LSU game.
November 5: You can read about how well that visit went from my blog post Part One.
After numerous phone calls and emails, an appointment was made for Monday, November 14. Please notice that that is 2 weeks of no service that I am paying for.
So now here we are at November 14. My appointment time was from 4:00-6:00. Being silly and stupid, I thought they might show up as close to 4:00 as possible given all of the other circumstances that have happened.
Around 5:00, I called Comcast because I never received a confirmation call earlier. Being that this is like my tenth appointment (feels like it anyway) in the past month, I knew I should have gotten a call. The lady puts me on hold for awhile and then comes back and says she doesn't know why they didn't call, but they are coming.
At 5:45 (15 minutes before their window closes), another lady calls to tell me that the tech will be about an hour late. SERIOUSLY!!!!???
He shows up around 6:15 or so and is the rudest tech I have ever experienced. He argued with me about things that weren't even important. There was no reason for me to ask him questions because he would give me a rude response. After a short time of being at my house, he tells me that he CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM. He will have to come back another day. You are KIDDING right??
He says he needs to get a survey from my apartment and can't do anything until then. Well guess what! The last guy said that too so what is going on???? Get with the program!!
After he leaves, someone from Comcast calls me around 8:00 and tells me that someone else will be coming to try to fix it tonight. Two guys show up around 8:30 or so and work until about 10:30 (way past my bed time). He is extremely nice thank goodness. I couldn't handle another rude tech after the previous one. Long story short, he was able to fix the problem with the cable. Unfortunately the Internet is still not working, but I hope that will get fixed today. I might spend ANOTHER night waiting on Comcast. Apparently all of the other techs that have tried to fix it aren't the brightest employees around.
I will keep you updated on Part 3 because I fully intend on getting a credit on my account and getting compensated for the HASSLE this has been.



GRRR!! This makes me so mad for you!!! I REALLY hope they compensate you. So frustrating!!!!
ReplyDelete