15 facts and a recent picture............
Picture is about a year old.........

Hello blog world. I am finally coming back to you, hopefully to stay. Let me reintroduce myself! My name is Megan. I lived in Louisiana for the first 22 years of my life and I am now a Houstonian. If that's not a word, it is now! I live close to the Galleria, which most girls would think is the best thing in the world. I find it a nightmare! Not really, but traffic on 610 and Westheimer is AWFUL! But in all honestly, I go to the galleria ONLY when friends are in town because they want to go there. Otherwise, I stay away! I would tell you more about my family, pets, life, etc but then would would be the point in the rest of the days given that there is a specific day for family and pets!
Interesting facts:
1. You can find facts that I have already written about in this post here. But that post is rather old so I will continue with the next 14 facts.
2. I teach 5th grade Science and Social Studies THIS YEAR. It changes from year to year. I have taught kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 4rth grade, and 5th grade. I am thinking I need to teach Pre-K and 3rd grade in the near future so that I have covered all of the elementary grades. So far I have stuck with 5th the longest for three years.
3. I am not a huge fan of Science. Don't tell my students. I would much rather be teaching Language Arts or Math. A reason for this may be the pressure of the 5th grade Science TAKS test.
4. I love children and can't wait to have my own someday. I used to want 6, but over the years that number has gotten a little smaller. I have just always wanted a big family. It seems so much more fun, especially on holidays.
5. I love decorating. I wish I was creative enough to be on HGTV! My dream job may be an interior decorator! I love watching them stage the homes to sell them. When I get my own house one day, I can't wait to decorate every room. I love to decorate for every holiday and always have my dining room table set up so pretty! This year for Thanksgiving, I didn't make it home. I had a few friends over and my table was set so pretty. You would have thought lots of people were coming over. I had menus made and everything. It was so fun!
6. I love to travel. I really want to go to Europe some day. More about traveling later I guess since there is a day devoted to it!
7. In high school, I was in a group called Rangers. We would go on hiking/camping trips once a month. For spring break, we would do a 10 day camping trips. Most people that would meet me today would never believe I survived in the woods for 10 days. I miss those camping trips. I don't miss hiking 10 miles UP a mountain. Hopefully I will get to go camping again soon.
8. I am already counting down to college football again. I think my tigers are gonna get the crystal this year!
9. I am very shy when you first meet me. I do not like to be the center of attention in social settings. Once you get to know me, I am not so shy. I am working on this!
10. I purchased a nice camera last year and I am trying to learn how to use it. Photography is not an easy task. It takes creativity and lots and lots of practice to learn how to use the camera. There are so many buttons on that camera that I do not have the slightest idea of what they do. I highly recommend Scott Kelby's books on photography.
11. I have recently discovered a new favorite drink- apparently called a Kir Royale. Some champagne with a little bit of Chambord. Apparently a "real" Kir Royale has something else in it, but Chambord is fine with me.
12. I have had the same best friend since kindergarten.
13. The only time I ever snuck out of my house in high school was with that best friend. We snuck out of my upstairs bedroom, climbed out the window and scurried down the scaffolding (is that what it's called). We then pushed her car down the street and went to Eckerds to get HAIR DYE! We were back home in less than 10 minutes with a plan of making her hair red. Several days later, we learned we had been caught by 2 different neighbors. Who sits outside at midnight to eat cereal???
14. I don't know if I will live in Houston forever. I am thinking it's temporary. I am trying to decide where my next move will be to. Any ideas???????
15. I am aware that none of these are really "interesting" facts.
This picture is not the best, but it's all I have at this moment. Maybe I will change it later. It's my "school picture". It is also a picture of a picture taken on my i-phone.



No comments:
Post a Comment