Friday, April 29, 2011

Skinny Girl Margarita


Apparently skinny girl margarita is the new thing these days. I had not heard of a "skinny" margarita until recently. I was waiting for our table at a Mexican restaurant in Houston. The girl sitting next to me at the bar ordered what she called a skinny margarita. Instead of the water I was drinking, I chose to order this as well. It tasted pretty good and I could definitely tell there was less sugar. I actually preferred this to the normal margarita. It didn't have the nasty aftertaste from all of the sugar.

I went home to research it a little bit and found this site. It sounds great- only 100 calories!! However, from my calculations, it just isn't true. Here is her recipe:

  • 2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
  • Tiny splash of Orange Liquor
  • Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges
Well I know that 1 oz of Patron is about 70 calories alone. So how is it possible that a drink with 2 oz (140 calories) plus grand marnier and lime juice equals less than 100 calories??? With my calculations, it is almost 200 calories.

I wondered if I was miscalculating or doing something wrong. I posted a comment on the above website hoping to get clarification. They have not approved my comment yet, but have approved many many others. I guess that clarification will never come. Apparently this site has my same calculations as well.

Perhaps in the bottle, it is 100 calories per serving. I would assume that would mean it would have to be watered down or something. Who knows. I have not looked at the bottle and do not intend on buying it. I just wish the website would have responded to my questions. I am still wondering how her recipe is only 100 calories per drink.

I think I will stick to my glass of red wine which is only 125 calories and much healthier for you!


2 comments:

  1. I'm in HOUTEX, too! What Mexican restaurant were you at where they served this? Thanks! amandaauchter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Pappasitos. But it's on the Lupe's drink menu!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
I am a single 20 something teacher in Charleston. I love to shop, decorate, cook, work with children, hang out with friends, and do anything in/on the water. Living near the beach definitely has its perks! I graduated from LSU and I LOVE to watch football. I will watch almost any college football game, but obviously love my tigers! I love to hang out with my family and hope to have my own one day.



Megan’s Madness


Maggie and Sophie

Maggie and Sophie

Sophie and Maggie

Sophie and Maggie

My family

My family

Popular Posts

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved